We are currently recruiting for a Van Driver/Yard Operative to join our small, friendly Watford branch. This is a full time, permanent role. We offer full training but you must have a forklift licence or at least some forklift experience. In return we will offer you a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, life assurance & EAP, discretionary bonus, Cyclescheme and Long Service Awards.
The role of a Van Driver/Yard Operative:
- Delivering goods to site via the Company van;
- Forklift Truck Driving;
- Dealing with customers;
- Loading and unloading vehicles;
- General warehouse duties.
Key Responsibilities of a Van Driver/Yard Operative:
- Ensure that customers are served promptly and efficiently with the correct materials;
- Receive and check off deliveries to the branch, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring correct and timely storage of goods are in line with Health & Safety Guidelines;
- Assist with picking and loading of orders;
- Ensure that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels are highlighted to Branch Management;
- Ensure that forklifts are used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with Health & Safety Guidelines;
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within Company procedure;
- Ensure the yard and warehouse are kept clean and tidy at all times in-line with Company Health & Safety Guidelines;
- Participate in training to develop knowledge of products and elements necessary to be successful in the business.
The candidate applying for the role of Van Driver/Yard Operative must:
- Have the ability to work under pressure and multi task;
- Be sufficiently confident in maths and basic literacy;
- Have a full clean UK drivers licence.
- Have a forklift licence or some forklift experience;
- Be able to work as part of a team.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and documented evidence will be required as part of the recruitment process.
Please apply today for an immediate interview.