Manufacturer: Marley Eternit
Marley Eternit-Low Pitch Birkdale Fibre Cement Roof Slate.
The popular Birkdale fibre cement slate can be used for low pitch designs down to 15° (with hook fixing) offering the designer and contractor more flexible aesthetic and installation options.
The hook fixing method is specifically for 15° – 20° pitches for moderate exposure roofs.
Featuring a smooth surface and dressed edges Birkdale fibre cement slates offer a traditional and pleasing look at an affordable price.
- Achieves BES 6001 ‘Very Good’ rating to gain credits under BREEAM
- Impressive minimum pitch of 15° (with hook fixing)
- Full roof system
- Fibre cement is a 100% recyclable building material
- Low carbon footprint of 13 CO2e/m2
- Size: 600mm x 300mm
- Minimum Pitch:
- -Moderate Exposure: 15° (150mm lap, max. 6m rafter length)
- -Severe Exposure: 17.5° (150mm lap, max/ 9m rafter length)
- -The minimum recommended pitch and lap maybe influenced by special circumstances; please contact our Technical Advisory Service
- Maximum Pitch: 90°
- Minimum Headlap: 150mm
- Maximum Gauge: 225mm
- Covering Capacity: 14.8 slates/m² at 150mm headlap
- Weight of Tiling: 22.8kg/m2 (0.20 kN/m2) at 150mm headlap
- Battens Required: 4.45 lin.m/m2 at 150mm headlap
- Batten Size Recommended: 38mm x 25mm for rafters/supports not exceeding 450mm centres (fixed to BS 5534); 50mm x 25mm for rafters/supports not exceeding 600mm centres (fixed to BS 5534)
- Tile Nails: Slate Hooks (150mm); Slate nails for local areas of roof (30mm x 2.65mm)
- Copper disc rivets: Copper disc rivets for local area of roof (19mm diameter x 2mm stem)
- Authority: BS EN 492
How do I buy?
If you’d like to buy this product, please call your local Skyline Roofing branch. Click below to see which one of our stores is close to your location: